Life and business move pretty fast these days, so having the great team is critical. If you are an owner or manager you have a great gift and responsibility of directing and leading your business. The greatest leaders are getting information and input from key people in their tribe. But who are those influences….
What I am suggesting is don’t settle for the tribe that is in your geography but to build your dream team. Who are the best at what you need-ideas, strategy, production, creativity…whatever you need to keep your business moving forward. You know what you are great at- do that. Lots of that. And get people to help do the rest.
I like this quote from Reid Hoffman:
No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you are playing a solo game, you will always lose out to a team.
More ideas, more energy, more influence will make ideas and strategies better. If nothing else than to trouble shoot the idea on the table. What if you could turn great into incredible by tapping into your team?
Some things to think about:
- Are you hoping to expand to more locations: do you have a realtor in your tribe to keep an eye on the market and great locations for you?
- Are you starting to sell on line and through social media channels like I suggested in my last post? Who can help with that?
- Who is keeping you up to date on the latest trends?
- Do you have someone on your team that is a great trainer and motivator, are they doing the hiring?
- What business or spiritual books are you reading to inspire your soul?
Throughout my career I have had to assemble my own tribe, people I trust and have great skills. We have worked together, we have worked as competitors but they always remain a friend, sounding board and source of wisdom.
I challenge you to think about who is in your tribe, who should be on your dream team and who can help your business grow.